Reports to: Centre Manager
The Emerald Cultural Institute has over 30 years’ experience in providing high quality English courses. From the moment our young learners arrive, ECI staff work hard to ensure that they are active, learning effectively and having the educational experience of a lifetime.
Main purpose of the Job
The Sports Coordinator will be responsible for devising, implementing and running of the sports programmes in the centre.
Some key duties include:
– Devise a varied and interesting sports programme of both indoor and outdoor sports.
– Monitor and maintain proper field and facility conditions and set up equipment for games and activities along with the Sports Assistant.
– Implement the sports activities with students between the ages of 11 & 17 years of age.
– Maintain student behaviour and ensure the safety and welfare of students at all times. The successful candidates will be organised and energetic and will demonstrate excellent sports coaching skills.
• Excellent knowledge of rules and organisation of sports/games.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Experience supervising/working with children/young people.
• Coaching and/or refereeing experience.
• Sports and Recreation Qualifications Experience.