Reports to: Junior Programmes Manager
The Emerald Cultural Institute has over 30 years’ experience in providing high quality English courses. From the moment our young learners arrive, ECI staff work hard to ensure that they are active, learning effectively and having the educational experience of a lifetime.
Main purpose of the Job
The Duty Manager is appointed to ensure the smooth operation of our Student Residence and is responsible for the team of Residential Activity Leaders.
• Overall responsibility of the day to day management of the residence.
• Manage the team of Activity Leaders and Duty Managers, developing a staff roster and creating a fun working atmosphere.
• Ensure staff are aware of their duties and are carrying them out in a productive manner. Carrying out performance reviews.
• Provide a responsible attitude to student safeguarding, welfare and supervision amongst staff.
• Establish effective communication between the residence, the centre, the clients and the Head Office.
• Implement ECI policies/ instructions, effectively communicating them to clients, staff and venue as necessary.
• Setup of the Residence.
• Ensure the fire and safety policies are adhered to.
• Plan with Head Office rooming allocations, catering numbers and arrival and departures.
• Coordinating staff for arrivals and departures
• Ensure students and group leaders have exceptional customer service.
• Ensuring rules and regulations of the Residence are followed.
• In the event of Illness or injury, ensure appropriate care is accessible.
• Complete staff time sheets.
Qualifications, experience and requirements of the job
• Previous experience manging a team, tackling under performance issues and motivating.
• Working in management in a residential environment
• Experience of working with teenagers in a residential environment
• Enthusiasm, energy and motivational skills
• Garda Vetting Certification
• Completion of the Online Training Modules
• Attendance at the All Staff Training Day
• Completion of the Tusla Child Protection Training
• Working six days per week on a rota basis
• One day off per week usually to be taken mid-week