Reports to: Josh Childs, Junior Programmes Manager
The Emerald Cultural Institute has over 30 years’ experience in providing high quality English courses. From the moment our young learners arrive, ECI staff work hard to ensure that they are active, learning effectively and having the educational experience of a lifetime.
Main Purpose of the Job
The Centre Manager’s key responsibility is the smooth and efficient running of all aspects of the centre. S/he takes responsibility for the overall success of the course, ensuring that lessons and the leisure programme are delivered in accordance with ECI criteria to the maximum benefit of students.
The CM is expected to take on and successfully handle a demanding workload, which involves implementing, participating and monitoring the day-to-day management of the Centre and is ultimately responsible for its smooth running. The CM is responsible for maintaining an excellent working relationship with Host School administrative and key support staff.
Set up and Close down
• Co-ordinate and lead the pre-course briefing with the support of the Junior Programmes Manager and Activity Manager, ensuring that all team members are adequately briefed and duty rotas allocated.
• Unpack and pack resources at the beginning and end of the course and monitor usage, reporting any missing or damaged materials.
• Conduct pre-course and post-course damage itinerary with school / college authorities.
• Liaise with the host-school / college representative to ensure a smooth relationship and maintain standards particularly in areas such as food quality and cleaning.
• Produce accurate reports for school / college and Head Office.
• Ensure that all ECI rules, procedures and directives are understood and adhered to in full.
• Supervise centre-banking arrangements and ensure safe conveyance and storage of all moneys and documents.
• Maintain accurate accounts and the financial success of the school, controlling expenditure to within agreed budgets, monitoring classroom loading, leisure costs, managing petty cash, and reconciling expenditure at the end of the course
• Build a dedicated teaching and programme support team who will work to ECI standards.
• Conduct regular staff meetings; carry out necessary training and appraisals reporting any related issues to the Junior Programmes Manager.
• Monitor staff working hours and periods of rest, produce staff duty roster.
• Compile end of course feedback questionnaires from all staff members.
• Arrange daily meetings with Groups Leaders.
• Welcome students on the first day, introducing the team and explaining the academic, leisure and welfare responsibilities of the members of the team.
• Oversee collection of damage deposits, passports, monies & flight tickets.
• Oversee and co-ordinate all course transport arrangements and the departures of students on weekends, checking beds and facilities, collecting keys as appropriate, escorting students etc.
• Manage the course daily, setting up the staff rota for office staff and assisting the Activities Manager with rosters for activity staff members, monitoring the performance of the centre team as well as the satisfaction levels of the students (through First Impressions Reports, End-of Course Questionnaires, and first hand evaluation).
• Handle welfare and disciplinary issues during the course including student illness and staff issues.
• Ensure the safety and welfare of the students at all times, liaising with the Junior Programmes Manager and Head Office as appropriate.
• Report regularly to the Junior Programmes Manager on day-to-day events during the course.
• Take overall responsibility for disciplinary matters in consultation with the Centre Management team and Head Office.
• Act as the local Designated Safeguarding Officer.
• Welcome visitors to the programme as required (e.g. third party agents, colleagues from ECI, language agencies, inspectors from accrediting bodies).
Qualifications and experience
• Experience of managing a team
• Experience of working with young learners
• Experience of junior residential summer programmes
• Previous experience maybe Summer Camp Director, Programme Manager, Sports Director.
Requirements of the Job
• Completion of the Online Training
• Attendance at pre-season training
• Attendance during the course on six days per week
• Garda Vetting certification
• Completion of Tulsa Child Protection Training