Reports to: Centre Manager
The Emerald Cultural Institute has over 30 years’ experience in providing high quality English courses. From the moment our young learners arrive, ECI staff work hard to ensure that they are active, learning effectively and having the educational experience of a lifetime.
Main Purpose of the job
The Centre Administrator’s key responsibility is the smooth and efficient running of all the administrative aspects of the centre. The Administrator is responsible for all financial transactions and accurate record keeping, as well as general administration. S/he reports directly to the Centre Manager and helps co-ordinate staff for administrative duties. Working closely with the Centre Manager, s/he maintains a petty cash account and ensures that weekly budgets for course expenditure are strictly adhered to. They are responsible for the implementation of all daily operations in the centre.
• Be fully familiar with centre procedures, duties, rules, directives and the Administrator’s manual. Ensure they are understood and adhered to.
• Assist with the setting up of the Centre, ensuring it is ready for the first group’s arrival.
• Liaise closely with Centre Manager and Activity Manager concerning financial issues and availability of monies.
• Be responsible for registration of students and group leaders onto course and the departure procedure.
• Assist Centre Manager in administration duties to ensure the smooth running of the centre.
• Alongside the Centre Manager, meet with the group leaders on a daily basis to discuss the programme and any concerns that they may have.
• Maintain accurate records and file all receipts.
• Maintain safe storage of all vital course documents.
• Produce reports as instructed by Centre management.
• Assist with the day to day operations of the centre.
• Be involved in the programme when needed.
• Assist in the closing down of the course, repacking and stock checking.
• Qualifications in Accounting/Economics.
• Proven records of reliability and accuracy in financial management and a meticulous approach to detail.
• Computer literate and a knowledge PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
• Experience working with or supervising children.
• A proven ability to work effectively under pressure and as part of a team.
• Garda Vetting certification
• Tusla Training completed Online.
• Completion of Online Elearning Modules prior to the summer.
• Attendance to the All Staff Training Day.
• Relevant First Degree or equivalent.
• A clean current Driving License.
• Good interpersonal skills.