Reports to: Activity Manager/ Residence Manager
The Emerald Cultural Institute has over 30 years’ experience in providing high quality
English courses. From the moment our young learners arrive, ECI staff work hard to
ensure that they are active, learning effectively and having the educational experience of a
Main purpose of the Job:
To inject life into the Activities Programme, providing an experience which is stimulating
and culturally enriching for students, and to supervise the students outside the classroom,
overseeing their welfare, safety and discipline at all times.
• Arrive for the Mandatory training day to learn about the role and activities we have on offer.
• Welcome students on the first day with orientation around the site, checking into rooms, and providing initial ‘getting to know you’ entertainment as directed by the Activity Manager.
• Monitors the health and safety, welfare and discipline of students, anticipating discrimination, bullying, and damage.
• Monitors the whereabouts of students through roll calls at meetings, lunchtime and in the evenings.
• Development of Game plans for all in school and evening activities. Ensuring they are prepared for all the activities that they are running.
• Attends staff meetings/admin slots for briefings, activity preparation, liaising with the academic team and training (on a rota basis).
• Leads the activity or excursion for a group of students at pre-arranged times over six days each week.
• Ensures they are knowledgeable of the trips and excursions and guides the students in a fun positive way around the different activities.
• Encourages full and enthusiastic involvement by students in the scheduled Activity and Excursion Programme, leading by example.
• Completes attendance records of students as required and reports on nonattendance or ill-discipline.
• Co-operates with the Activity Manager and on occasions with agents and accreditation inspectors, in the observation and evaluation of activities.
Qualifications, experience and requirements of the job:
• Suitable Leisure qualification e.g. specialist coaching qualification, First Aid an advantage
• Experience of working with teenagers in a residential environment
• Enthusiasm, energy and motivational skills
• Garda Vetting Certification
• Completion of the Online Training Modules
• Attendance at the All Staff Training Day
• Completion of the Tusla Child Protection Training
• Working six days per week on a rota basis
• One day off per week usually to be taken mid-week