English + Music
Together with Tutti Music we are delighted to offer an English Plus Music Programme which combines expert English language tuition with ensemble music training and orchestral instruction.
This course is designed for students between the ages of 11 and 17 years and offers young people the opportunity to improve their English and music playing skills in a two-week programme. The music training and instruction is given by professional musicians, conductors and composers. A minimum level of B1 is required to attend this course.
We use the most up-to-date textbooks and teaching materials for the English lessons. Junior students are entitled to the use of a textbook during their course and receive supplementary academic materials, which they can keep.
Students are given an oral and written test on their first day of their course and placed in a class appropriate to their level of English. Students progress is monitored on an ongoing basis and their class levels adjusted accordingly.
Average class size 10 per class. Maximum Class size 15 per class.
What is included
- Tuition (60 minutes per lesson)
- Use of textbook and teaching materials
- Diploma on completion of course
- Four afternoons of supervised music tuition (Monday - Thursday) with Irish students
- 7 evening activities each week (residence)
- 2 evening activities each week(homestay)
- One full-day excursion
- Welcome Kit with guides and maps
- Transport costs, where necessary, to and from school and to and from ECI activities
- All enrolment and registration fees
- Host family accommodation with full board
- Administration fees
- Return Airport Transfers at a cost of €150
- Hot lunch voucher €50 per person
- Residential option available at an extra cost
The English Plus Music Programme will be held at Alexandra College Dublin
Alexandra College, Milltown Road, Dublin 6 (July)
Monday - Friday mornings
Group tuition with two different teachers.
- 09:15 - 10:45 - Teacher 1 - Grammar and Use of Language
- 11:00 - 11:15 - mid-morning break
- 11:15 - 12:30 - Teacher 2 - Speaking and Listening Skills
Monday - Thursday
Tutti Music will provide 20 hours of ensemble music tuition per two week stay, through English, with professional music tutors in small groups with English speaking students. The music course finishes with all music students coming together for a music performance. Tutti Music aims to provide motivated young music students with a fun and relaxed way to enjoy and explore music-making with young players from other countries and other English speaking students, through English. Tuition takes place in our dedicated music classrooms on the campus of Alexandra College, in the leafy suburb of Milltown.
7 evening activities per week (residence) or 2 evening activities per week(homestay)included in the programme
One full-day excursion each weekend to places of cultural interest.