English + Horse Riding Programme
Ireland has a long-standing tradition in equestrian sports. Our English Plus Horse Riding programme allows students to experience this tradition while also improving their English language skills. Professional instructors take charge of the afternoon horse riding lessons, which include dressage, polo-crosse, trekking, cross-country and competitions.
- 15 hours of English group tuition per week
- 10 hours of horse riding lessons per week
- Daily private transfer from school to Equestrian Centre
- A range of different abilities catered for
- One full-day excursion per week to places of cultural interest
- 2 evening activities per week (host family)
- 7 evening activities per week (residential)
Carrickmines Equestrian Centre
This family-owned equestrian centre has been built up over 20 years and is today one of the largest in Ireland. The centre is located in a very picturesque setting overlooking Dublin Bay. The centre boasts some of the finest equestrian facilities in Ireland including an indoor arena, 80 acres of farmland (for trekking and cross country), a large all-weather arena ideal for polo-crosse and a floodlit outdoor sand arena.
What is included
- Tuition (60 minutes per lesson)
- Use of textbooks and teaching materials
- Diploma on completion of course
- Welcome kit with guides and maps
- Homestay or Residential accommodation with full board
- Programme of extra-curricular activities (Mon to Fri)
- One full-day excursion per week
- Transport costs to and from school (if not walking distance) and to and from ECI activities
- Registration and Administration Fees.