Professional Development Programmes
This tailor-made programme is available for professional groups only and offers participants a combination of General English tuition with training for their specific professions in the afternoons. Our full-time staff is complemented by experts from the professional Irish scene who are invited to lecture in the institute. We can organise visits to Irish companies in some cases.
The professions for which this course is available include: Law, Medicine, Military, Information Technology, Engineering, Banking, Finance, Journalism, Management, Aviation, Green Economy and Tourism.
The timetable and content of the course are designed to match clients’ needs, and programmes are tailor-made to meet the group’s exact requirements.
- 60-minute lessons
- Written and oral assessment tests
- Ongoing Academic support and monitoring
- Use of multi-media facilities
- Free supervised study sessions in the afternoons
- Regular progress reports
- Study Plans designed with Academic Mentors for long-term students
- Free programme of workshops and seminars
- Interesting and stimulating course materials
- Rich and varied social programme
- Welcome Kit with maps and student handbook
- Recognised test preparation centre for TOEIC, TIE, Trinity Examinations and Oxford Test of English
- Cambridge Examination Venue and Preparation Centre for Cambridge and IELTS examinations
- Course Diploma with student report
- Exclusive access to Emerald Student Website with essential information for students